Do you have a unique tourism business idea you would like to take to reality? Are you driven, committed and full of good ideas? Are you ready to Unearth you full potential? Then we would like to hear from you
Apply to join our Unearthed tourism entrepreneurship program
Applicants will be required to
- Be under 35 years of age
- Attend a two-day workshop in mid-February 2019
- Attend a five-day wilderness immersion and leadership experience between February and April 2018
- Be available for regular one on one progress / mentorship meetings in Durban
- Have a solid tourism related business idea with a social or environmental focus. The business idea can range from any activity or service which would benefit tourism in Durban.
- Be well versed in English and with good computer skills
- A passion for making our city a better place
The program covers
- A formal training session in self-discovery, tourism business management, social entrepreneurship and marketing where you will take your idea to an implementable plan.
- Finding ways to finance your business, with a special focus on bootstrapping your business. For this reason, we are not looking for applicants who are expecting huge financial investments from external sources.
- Ongoing support and mentorship support and the opportunity to plug into the Durban Green Corridors travel desk and marketing support structures.
Importantly, we will not be providing any direct financial support or stipends. Applicants will be required to provide their own transport to workshop venues, meetings and related activities.
To apply please do the following:
- Submit a short, max 1 minute video telling us a bit about yourself (which can be made using any smart phone) and Whatsapp the clip to +27 83 225590
Closing date for applications is 12h00 on Monday 28th January 2019.